Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Delhi these past two days.

Elephants in the street. Touts trying to make friends to take my money or lead me into scams. Feral dogs everywhere. The smell of urine and spices and dog shit and man shit and rotten food and broken sewer and sweet fried snacks. I am the great white piggybank here, and there is little infrastructure, but a strong and universal culture dedicated to parting my from my money, as suckers soon are, though I have thankfully avoided this, for the most part.

Cows roam around, and women in the traditional dress stroke them as they pass and bless themselves. My beard is two weeks old. I have had one beer since arriving.

I am overwhelmed, and it is difficult to distinguish any individual thing out of the continuous feeling of bafflement and near misses.

out

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dylan-
    You're writing is so good it makes my teeth ache. MORE MORE MORE. Because, apparently you are traveling around just to inspire you to write, just so I will have something quality to read on the nets.
    I hope you are not lonely.
    love
    kai

    ReplyDelete